Subject: Re: Comment/question on mpeg.c 1.219 changes

Re: Comment/question on mpeg.c 1.219 changes

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 08:24:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, c s wrote:

> Should not the external prototype for the new function playlist_check (and
> also the other external functions from playlist.c that are used by mpeg.c)
> be provided by including playlist.h in mpeg.c instead of coding a copy of
> the prototypes inline in the file mpeg.c?

Not really.

The reason for this is that the playlist functions are meant to be viewed as
"hooks" or "callbacks" provided to the firmware by the apps layer.

The firmware can and shall never include files that live in the apps-world.

We could make it the other way around though, so that we have a
mpeg-callback.h (or similar) that defines the protos of the functions
playlist.c need to provide...