Subject: RE: Digital out on Rockbox
From: Mark Spooner (
Date: 2003-04-11

Maybe I am just unlucky, but it seems strange it works fine with archos
firmware but not rockbox. There is a signal from the rockbox as it can
be converted and amplified to optical and then it is audioable, so it
leads me to think that rockbox gives of a weaker signal and as I am
using a portable DAC + amp running of 12v it probably needs something
stronger than you would need for a home stereo with digital in.