Subject: Re: Digital out on Rockbox

Re: Digital out on Rockbox

From: Martin Borus <martin_at_borus.de>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 00:12:55 +0200

Am 11 Apr 2003 um 11:46 hat Mark Spooner geschrieben:

> I™ve been having a problem with digital out with Rockbox. With the archos firmware I can connect
> my archosto my amp (with digital in) and it works fine. However with RockboxI hear nothing
> though if I convert it to optical I hear sound. The converter also amplifies the signal, so I am
> wondering if the rockbox signal is less than that from the original firmware. Appreciate any help
> as I prefer the Rockbox firmware but it is important to be able to connect the archos via the digital
> out.

Digital connections work great here for me. I use a Sony MD recorder (I press record with no
MD inserted...) and really like the sound quality.

Assuming your connections are OK (which you can try out be ROLOing the Archos
firmware) you might want to check out if the file you play back is recorded in 44.1 kHz
sampling rate and that you have not changed the pitch. Once you change the pitch,
my MD recorder can't recognize the signal any longer...

Martin