Subject: Re: Archos Jukebox Recorder 20 disassembly procedure and photos
From: TP Diffenbach (
Date: 2003-04-11

From Eric Woudenberg's web paqe:
"The one item I wished for during this procedure was a high quality soldering-iron with a temperature controlled tip. I started out using a 30-watt Radio Shack soldering pencil, but it simply cannot supply heat fast enough to desolder the circuit board from its mounting tabs without overheating everything in the process."

How exactly do you know when you're overheating everything else?

Quoting "Eric Woudenberg, Editor" <>:

> Hi Folks,
> I took some photos while I had the AJBR20 apart for the power
> connector repair and made a discription of the procedure for
> disassembling it:
> I've included an explanation about desoldering the USB connector
> (the
> part I got stuck on).
> Comments appreciated!
> Rick