Subject: Silent Play is fixed! (was: Re: Silent Play definitely relates to bit-swapping)
From: Michael O'Quinn (
Date: 2003-04-12

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003, Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:

> Michael O'Quinn wrote:
> > Or did you mean something else?
> Sorry, I thought you were someone else. I remember now.
> Anyway, thanks to your investigations, I tracked down the little sucker
> and squashed him under my shoe. Please try the latest bleeding edge and
> see if you still can reproduce it.
> /Linus

AFAIKT, Silent Play no longer happens. I got pretty good at doing it to
ANY song with a little patience, and I've just tried on several songs
(with the latest bleeding edge build) an I couldn't make it happen even

It may be tempting The Fates to declare this bug totally eradicated this
soon, but I do think you've done it Linus. Good fix!