Subject: Re: LED Change
From: Joris van den Heuvel (
Date: 2003-04-12

Remember to change the series resistors, and possibly the connection scheme
for the LEDs.

Blue and white LEDs have a higher forward voltage (about 4 volts) than green
ones (2.05 volts). Im the AJBR20 the 4 LEDS are 2 by 2 in series with a
series resistor per series pair. So simply replacing them with blue or white
ones will result in no light, because the LEDs need at least 8 volts and the
AJB can only supply the battery voltage.

Red or orange LEDs don't have this problem.