Subject: Re: Resume from deleted files
From: Johan Vromans (
Date: 2003-04-13

"rockbox" <> writes:

> Let's not go so far as to say "if they changed the disk."
> I still want resume to start song C at the 67 minute mark regardless if
> I've added songs D & E and deleted songs A & B.
> I can see making the resume feature invalid if song C is missing, but the
> "changed the disk" comment encompasses more than I think you truely meant.

I'm confident that that remark was made with that intent.
If there's a reliable way to verify that the resume point is still
valid resume, otherwise don't bother.

Interesting detail: what happens if I replace the file to be continued
with a smaller file of the same name, smaller than the point where it
should resume...

-- Johan