Subject: Re: Resume from deleted files
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (
Date: 2003-04-13

Johan Vromans wrote:
> I'm confident that that remark was made with that intent.
> If there's a reliable way to verify that the resume point is still
> valid resume, otherwise don't bother.
> Interesting detail: what happens if I replace the file to be continued
> with a smaller file of the same name, smaller than the point where it
> should resume...

I think that it is perfectly fine as long as Rockbox doesn't crash if
the file is missing/too short/corrupt. If the user changes the disk
contents "behind the back" of Rockbox, he can't expect it to handle it
in a "clean" way. It can resume the wrong file at the wrong point or
whatever. I'm happy if it doesn't crash.