Subject: Re: Disk Full
From: Michael O'Quinn (michael_at_oquinn.info)
Date: 2003-04-13

On Sun, 13 Apr 2003, Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:

> Rushton, Simon wrote:
> > Is there a rockbox bug?
> > - Did rockbox made a mistake when deleting this large directory?
>
> Yes. Rockbox doesn't support deleting directories. Unfortunately, it
> doesn't prevent you from deleting it. It deletes the directory but
> doesn't delete the files in it.

Really?

Is this planned to be fixed before 2.0? Or at least add a Great Big
Warning to the manual and FAQ? (But it's very much preferred to fix it,
either block directory deletes, or make them work correctly.)

I sure hope so! Anything that can scramble a disk as easily as that is
not fit for public consumption. My opinion, and YMMV.

Michael