Subject: SPDIF Fuction..again!

SPDIF Fuction..again!

From: Gonz <gonzini_at_freenet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:21:56 +0100

Hi All,
Just received my FM20 recorder back from Archos as the middle function
button decided to break off! They decided to replace the unit for a new one
so all good at the end of the day.No rockbox bundled with it though..
Anyway to my question.
I still cannot get the spdif to work at all.I think i saw a mention of
"spdif monitoring working" not so long ago in one of the daily builds.
Tryed:-
Line in, on the L or R, sending it 48khz-44.1khz, changing sample rate in
the jukebox menu, coaxial connection with 75ohm cabling, coaxial
output/input from optical convertor boxes.
The spdif signal is the nominal 1p/p, do we know if the archos is fussy
about the signal level?
What can anyone tell me about the function of this in operation, i.e. when
is the spdif active? There is no function available in any menu that ive
seen either in the original firmware or rockbox other than source input,
mic, line in, digital.
Cheers for any help on this, im sure im not alone with this one..
Gonz