Subject: Re: Battery patch
From: Mike Holden (rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net)
Date: 2003-04-15

Mike Holden said:
> I will attempt to extend my patch by including numeric battery percent
> and flashing "charger connected" icon. I can refer to Dirk's patch for
> hints, even though it doesn't currently install, since there's no point
> reinventing the wheel, and I should be able to easily figure out the
> changes he made to implement these items.

Latest version of the patch is now available, and is hopefully now complete.

Changes are:
o Fixes animated battery for FM when charging
o Fixes battery status debug screen to show charger plugged and charging
status
o Shows estimated runtime when USB plugged in
o Shows numeric battery level when USB plugged in
o Shows flashing plugged icon when charger inserted when USB plugged in

I have tested this on FM. Hopefully someone can check this on recorder and
player, especially to check I haven't broken anything (either on the
status line, or in the debug battery pages)! I have tested that both these
versions compile cleanly, but i cannot test further than that.

The updated patch is available from
www.mikeholden.org/~rockbox/patches/battery.diff

Please report any problems you find.

--