Subject: Re: WPS Feature requests

Re: WPS Feature requests

From: Kjell Ericson <Kjell.Ericson_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 23:18:32 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Brent Geery wrote:

> 3. A one character "cup" (on player) for the MPEG memory buffer. This
> would work like the current "%pb" progress meter, but for the memory
> buffer. OK, so I'm a geek, for wanting to monitor the buffer usage!

Seems cool :-)

I'm a old-lcd-player-owner, so I can't see those progress meters (and I doubt
people with songs containing non-us-character that we now support use this
feature). (i.e. nice idea, but not done by me :-)

> 6. "Alternating" WPS lines!

I like that!

I've made a test (some days ago) with making it possible to switch between two
WPS-statements every second. Looked like hell in the simulator (not so
accurate timer I'm afraid), and I've not tried it in real hardware yet.

I'm also into making it possible to scroll WPS-lines that contains updated
information. We Player-owner really need that :-)

> OK, that's it for the WPS requests. Any comments?

Do you have any suggestion of WPS-line-syntax to accomplish what you want?

Alternating lines that are scrolling is out of the question though (must look
silly and is internally "harder" to accomplish if we need to buffer lines
like that). But some kind of switch depending on a timer should be possible to
do (and then the whole WPS-line can alter with that switch).

I'm not promissing I will do it, but maybe give it a look or two.

  // Kjell