Subject: Re: Can't get WPS to work right. -- further info.
From: Brent Geery (fasttimes_at_mochamail.com)
Date: 2003-04-17

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:06:43 -0700 (PDT), "Michael O'Quinn"
<michael_at_oquinn.info> wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Brent Geery wrote:
>
> > OK, things are even stranger. I swapped the order of the lines, and
> > now it functions! This is very odd, and must be a bug of some type.
> > Again, the following WPS works:
> >
> > First line: %pr%pb%bt
> > Second line: %s[%pn %pp/%pe] %fskb %pt %fbkbs/%ffhz: %?it<%it - |%fn -
> > >%?ia<%ia - |%d2 - >%?id<%id |%d1 >%?iy<(%iy)>
> >
> > But, the following does not, with the second line being totally blank:
> >
> > First line: %s[%pn %pp/%pe] %fskb %pt %fbkbs/%ffhz: %?it<%it - |%fn -
> > >%?ia<%ia - |%d2 - >%?id<%id |%d1 >%?iy<(%iy)>
> > Second line: %pr%pb%bt
> >
> > Both are exactly the same, only swapping the order of the lines.
>
> I tried the one that's not working for you. I tried it twice, once with
> the last line unterminated, and again with the last line terminated by
> hitting enter.

I thought you might be onto something, so I also tried both version,
with and without the last line terminated.... still not change. :(

> When cutting and pasting, I assumed that you intended a
> space where the first line wrapped, as in "n - >" not "n ->".

Yes, correct!

> Both worked on my Studio 10, ROM 5.08, Latest RockBox Daily CVS-030416
> from the website.

Thanks for testing. I guess this mean this only effects the
Player/Studio versions (what I have, v5.02.) Can others having a
Player or Studio, please test?

> On a slightly different but not completely unrelated note, have you tried
> "%pf"? It's a graphical progress bar specifically for the Player/Studio.
> It makes the Player "feel" like a completely different machine to me. It
> needs to go on a line all by itself, but IMHO it's really awesome, and
> totally worth having to cram everything else on the single remaining line.

I haven't tried it yet, but I don't think I could bring myself to
dedicate half my display for basically one function. :)

--
BRENT - The Usenet typo king. :)

Fast Times At Ridgemont High Info http://www.FastTimesAtRidgemontHigh.org Voted #87 - American Film Institute's Top 100 Funniest American Films