Subject: Re: SPDIF Fuction..again!
From: Martin Borus (martin_at_borus.de)
Date: 2003-04-17

Am 16 Apr 2003 um 21:21 hat Gonz geschrieben:

>.I think i saw a mention of "spdif monitoring working" not so long ago in one of
> the daily builds.
> What can anyone tell me about the function
> of this in operation, i.e. when is the spdif active? There is no function
> available in any menu that ive seen either in the original firmware or
> rockbox other than source input, mic, line in, digital. Cheers for any
> help on this, im sure im not alone with this one.. Gonz

Hope this helps:
Monitoring means that when you record from a SPDIF signal you can
hear it on the headphones and/or see it on the peak meter.

So if you are in doubt, select the digital (also known as SPDIF) input
for recording and start recording. Put on your headphones and listen -
if the Archos accepts the digital signal you can hear it. If you hear nothing,
check all connections...

Martin