Subject: Re: [ltp] SIMPLE QUESTIONS -Reply

Re: [ltp] SIMPLE QUESTIONS -Reply

From: Chris Hoekstra <chris_hoekstra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 11:19:46 -0500

Yeah, I have actually tried phoenix on my beefy desktop, but haven't
actually tried it on my slow laptop. I found it lacking in features
compared to mozilla, but again, on a slower machine just used for a
wireless couch computer this is a great thing. I really should get off
my butt and use that instead. Good idea.

The mail client you are talking about, Minotaur, looks kinda interesting
as well. Being a big netscape/mozilla fan, this is a great alternative
and would surely be another option since I would loose the mail portion
of the mozilla suite when moving to phoenix.

As a side note, for others reading, Mozilla is moving to a complete
rewrite after 1.4 and going with the phoenix code and the minotaur code
for the basis of all future versions. Here is the roadmap from mozilla
that talks about their rationalle, and the tough choices they have/need
to make. http://www.mozilla.org/roadmap.html
Definitely a good read if you are interested...

Thanks for the wm suggestions. I'll have to try one of those out and
see if I can get it to work with Mandrake.

Chris