Subject: %ig tag change?
From: Vincent Kargatis (kargatis_at_kargatron.net)
Date: 2003-04-18

I've been out of the loop for a couple months. Has there been a change
in the behavior of the %ig (genre) tag in that period? I now see in
recent builds that for text-only ID3 genre tags (a known problem from
EAC ripping), instead of null, %ig defaults to 'Blues'. I actively use
that expected null to fall back on my folder structure, which is
genre-fied anyway, but now for all those text-only genre tags I have, it
just says 'Blues'. Which is pretty annoying. Should I enter this as a
bug, or was this some sort of design decision? Or is something else
going on?

--
Vincent Kargatis
np: Seiichi Yamamoto - "Approach 1"  (Improvised Music From Japan ..)