Subject: Re: crashing mp3's
From: Chris Hoekstra (
Date: 2003-04-18

Much better troubleshooting info. Now that we know that all the basic
stuff is taken care of, I can verify that this file does also crash my
recorder 6Gb running 2.0.

So is this a rockbox issue, or a non-valid file? The file plays fine
with the original, the file plays fine in wmp.

I took a quick look at the headers for the file. It seems that the file
and headers are incorrect. Using both mp3-Info,winamp, and wmp, the
players show a bitrate of 64kbit while playing, yet the headers state it
is a 384kbit bitrate in all 3 programs. Also, the players show it as
44k frequency while the headers have it as a 48k file. Of course this
screws up the total time of the file.

So obviously this is a bad file, however archos firmware, wmp, winamp,
etc play this file. This could be another error checking bug/feature
that we can flush out.

Just my $0.02, I am sure others will have more insight than I,