Subject: Re: crashing mp3's
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-04-19

Chris Hoekstra wrote:
> Much better troubleshooting info. Now that we know that all the basic
> stuff is taken care of, I can verify that this file does also crash my
> recorder 6Gb running 2.0.

I have now committed a fix for another bug, and that should fix this one
as well. Please try the latest bleeding edge and verify.

> So obviously this is a bad file, however archos firmware, wmp, winamp,
> etc play this file. This could be another error checking bug/feature
> that we can flush out.

I can't see anything bad in it, except that it is in a little unusual
format (MPEG version 1, layer 1). The reason for the crash was that the
buffer used for storing the first loaded frame was too small.

/Linus