Subject: All Day / Re: New feature idea: Loop recording

All Day / Re: New feature idea: Loop recording

From: Martin Borus <martin_at_borus.de>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 22:51:51 +0200

Am 19 Apr 2003 um 5:24 hat Jos Laake geschrieben:

> for_spam_at_gmx.de wrote:
> > hello,
> >
> >>recording function I'd like to implement. I want to set
> >>up an "always-on sampler" that lets me record something
> >>that "just happened" like the Archos FM Recorder firmware
> >>does for 'pre-saving' songs off the radio. Soon...

> Interesting that the ArchosFMRecorder/Rockbox could
> actually record all day. I just did a 20 minute
> take of some freeform stuff and it only used 20MB.
> By the same math, 24 hours (1440 minutes) would take
> around 1 GB. Cool. But you'd run out of battery first.

I've done several long time recordings and I can confirm that you
can record for up to 2GB file size (which is more than a day) without
problems. The longest I recorded was 72hours (with brief stops to keep
the file lengh below 2GB - I do not know if that is still necessary)

IMO the loop recording would still be a good idea if it could work without
hard disc access to save energy. The internal memory can easily store the
first minute of a recording so IMO maybe looping one minute might be a
very good idea.

Martin

Martin