Subject: Re: Does RockBox Support ID3v1.2 tags?

Re: Does RockBox Support ID3v1.2 tags?

From: Brent Geery <fasttimes_at_mochamail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 16:24:00 -0700

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 00:33:28 +0200, Linus Nielsen Feltzing
<linus_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> Brent Geery wrote:
> > It would be the only hardware device that does, IIRK! Looks simple
> > enough, given the info from http://www.birdcagesoft.com/ID3v12.txt
>
> Give me a reason to support it, other that "I hate ID3V2".

Because some people use them? What other reason would be needed. :)
Seriously, don't you think it would be cool to be the one hardware
device that support them? Just another reason for someone to join our
community, vs choosing another device.

> BTW, why do you hate ID3V2?

I don't really hate them, I just don't think their design is all that
brilliant. The standard seems to be so poorly written, that much
software/hardware implements the standard incorrectly, leading to
incompatibilities in software and hardware players. ID3v1.x are more
appropriate to the uses of most users, and much less problem-pron.
Not a big deal when using a player like the rockbox, but as a general
rule, I like my MP3s to be as universal playable as possible.

--
BRENT - The Usenet typo king. :)
Fast Times At Ridgemont High Info http://www.FastTimesAtRidgemontHigh.org