Subject: Re: Who needs the F3 menu?
From: Mike Holden (rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net)
Date: 2003-04-20

> no offense, just a kind of poll:
>
> Is anybody using the F3 option so frequently that these need their own
> button? I understand F2, but F3...
>
> I double-checked the options under F2 and F3. All of them can be set as
> well somewhere in the main (F1) menu tree, except for the scroll bar and
> status bar toggle. In my local sources I have now added those 2 options
> to the display menu. Is there any objection in committing these little
> changes? It is more consistent if all options are accessible with F1,
> versus F2 and F3 being some short cut, maybe customizable in future.

Personally I see the current F3 items as set-once-and-leave-alone items.
Once I decided how I wanted my screen to look, I haven't changed any of
the items, so having shortcuts to them is pointless (IMHO).

I don't know what I would like to see on there instead, however!

My vote goes to move the current F3 items to the menu somewhere under F1.

--
Mike Holden