Subject: Re: rockbox specific postings on archosjukebox/yahoo
From: Chris Holt (
Date: 2003-04-21

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 14:30:41 +0200 (MEST), wrote:
>hello again,
>i`m reading postings from archos mailinglist on yahoo a little bit more
>the last
>days and I wonder, that there are so many rockbox related questions
>ok - it is the people`s own fault - but shouldn`t they be directed to
>rockbox mailinglist?

I think rockbox, as third party firmware is a perfectly acceptable topic

>this will raise traffic on this list a little bit, but I think this is
>valuable feedback from a
>"user perspective" since that mailinglist is more user than developer
>Or can we see archosjukebox_at_yahoo as some sort of "rockbox-users"
>Mailinglist to keep
>traffic on this list a little bit lower ?

I'm thinking many Archos/rockbox users are subscribed to both, also I've
seen more than a couple of users "find" rockbox via the Yahoo list. I
try to help people out over there with rockbox questions too, but for the
thorny technical ones I have occasionally suggested that they sign up
here where they can ask the rockbox guru's.