Subject: Re: New 'competition' ...
From: Chris Holt (amiga2k_at_cox.net)
Date: 2003-04-21

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 21:24:02 -0400, TP Diffenbach wrote:
>Quoting Paul van der Heu <pvdh_at_xs4all.nl>:
>

>>Or can we just steal some ideas ..;)
>>
>>http://www.audio.philips.com/index.asp
>
>Unfortunately, all I can see is "Click here to get the plugin". And
>despite the name "HDD100" it appears it's a 15GB system, and I'm sure
>that means 15 billion bytes, not 15GbB.
>
>And I've already used nearly all the space on my FM Recorder "20".

You really should borrow your sister's PC or whatever you need to do to
check it out. It looks pretty cool. No, scratch that. If it works as
advertised, then it is WAY cool. ;)

The idea is you sign up to beta test it and you get the review model for
free, so look at it as "another" (somewhat under) 15GB for your files. ;)

Oh sure a 100GB HDD player would be da bomb, but I dread to think what
Philips would want for it. You remember how those Panasonic flash
players were priced, don't you? Ouch!

Chris