Subject: Re: Version 2.3
From: Björn Stenberg (
Date: 2003-04-21

Mark Bright wrote:
> So presumably, this will also reduce the size of the 'Core' OS
> significantly - which in turn will allow the OS to load faster?

Yes, and no. Core size will decrease, but load speed will be the same.

> The only
> real critisism I have with Rockbox is that it takes a lot longer to load
> than the Archos version.

Remember that everything up until the Rockbox logo is displayed is actually the Archos firmware running. We can't change the bootup code Archos os running, since we only "come alive" when that code has completed and decides to load and run the archos.mod/ajbrec.ajz file, which is when the Rockbox logo appears.