Subject: Size/quality of the different model screens
From: Scrambler (
Date: 2003-04-21

Do all of the Archos models have the same screen
dimensions? I know the character/font sizes vary.

Which model do you think has the best screen? Studio
20, Recorder 20, or FM Recorder 20.

I own a Studio 20 which only has 2 lines of text
viewable. I like the size of the font, nice and large,
I can read it at a quick glance.

It looks like the other models might have a 7 line
text display. Has anyone found these 7 lines hard to
read? Too small? Can you make them bigger and reduce
to 6 lines? Thought I read somewhere the newer models
have pixel based displays, so maybe anything is

Basically I only know what a Studio 20 looks and feels
like, but I'd like to upgrade so I could get more
lines viewable and better function buttons instead of
the round rocker. But I don't want to waste money on
an upgrade if the newer model displays aren't the same
or better.

Do you Yahoo!?