Subject: Re: RE : Size/quality of the different model screens
From: Brent Geery (fasttimes_at_mochamail.com)
Date: 2003-04-22

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 16:16:37 -0700 (PDT), "Michael O'Quinn"
<michael_at_oquinn.info> wrote:

> A couple of negatives about the FM Recorder versus the Recorder.
>
> I understand that SPDIF out works on the recorder, but not the FM
> Recorder. Also, the FM batteries are not user replaceable. The custom
> LiOn cells used are not even *available* except from Archos, and they
> demand you ship the unit back for replacement.
>
> Since I'm portable and listening to music far more than I am stationary, I
> swap batteries a lot. Therefore I will NEVER own an FM Recorder.

I'm with you! I didn't know about the FM using lithium ion cells. I
would never buy a device that was locked into using
non-user-replaceable batteries. Before RockBox, this was the reason I
picked the Player, over another device.

> Drooling over the Recorder, though...

I'd go for it! I just ordered a Recorder, and will trade-in my Studio
6000 in exchange. The better sound quality, larger screen, games, and
increased hard drive space makes the $90 difference in cost worth it
for me.

--
BRENT - The Usenet typo king. :)

Fast Times At Ridgemont High Info http://www.FastTimesAtRidgemontHigh.org Voted #87 - American Film Institute's Top 100 Funniest American Films