Subject: show/hide icons patch
From: for_spam_at_gmx.de
Date: 2003-04-22

good morning :)

I have nearly completed a patch that you can select, if icons in
dir/treeview should be visible or not.
this saves one char and gives a "cleaner look" for the minimalist and "text
only fetishist" :D

because directories and files should be distinguishable ,I thought it would
be useful to add a leading
"/" to every directory, when icons are switched off.

perhaps you could give me a tip, how to program this best:

in tree.c there is showfileline(int line, int direntry, bool scroll)
which contains
lcd_puts_scroll_style(LINE_X, line, dircache[direntry].name, STYLE_INVERT);

Should I check for every direntry, if it is a directory, then create a
temporary "helper string" for concatenation of "/" and dircache[direntry].name and
then pass the "helper string" to lcd_puts_scroll_style ??
As you can see i`m a little bit gawky - i`m a bad programmer and moreover
out of practise
for too long :D

regards
roland