Subject: Re: Sort files after ID3 track number

Re: Sort files after ID3 track number

From: leslie carver <leslie_at_tvismylife.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:41:44 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "TP Diffenbach" <rockbox_at_diffenbach.org>

> Quoting Chris Holt <amiga2k_at_cox.net>:
>
> > On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:20:28 -0400, NoDbt41_at_aol.com wrote:
> > >i agree, i would also like to see a way to organize tracks in a
> > >directory by the id3 track number
> >
> > If you simply add the track number as the first part of the
> > filename, it
> > adds only two or three characters to the name, AND you get the
> > advantage
> > of track order listing on both the PC and the player.
> >

> I've written a patch to remove, from the directory listing, some arbitarry
prefix -- such as a track number -- from the DISPLAYED filename.

> For example, given a file name
> 01- Trackname.mp3
> what would be displayed is:
> Trackname.mp3

Personally, I would hate this feature. The file name is the file name - I
want it displayed as is. If the track number is in there, and I don't want
it suppressed. (I believe most people name their files with the track
number so they sort correctly.)

Keep up the great work you rockboxxers -

Leslie