Subject: Re: Re[2]: Battery patch
From: Mike Holden (rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net)
Date: 2003-04-23

Uwe Freese said:
> Hello Mike,
>
> Mike Holden wrote on Saturday, April 19, 2003, 11:16:25 AM:
>
> MH> Another minor update. Now builds on simulators as well. Needed to
> add new MH> function there as well.
> MH> www.mikeholden.org/~rockbox/patches/battery.diff
>
> It works without real problems here.
>
> One remark: In USB mode, it shows a number even if I set it to display a
> battery symbol.

This was a part of the patch that Dirk was working on. I suppose it gives
a better indication of the remaining power. I'm sure I could change it to
use the user's selected indication mode. Shoud I do this?

As an aside, the current battery animation shows graphics even if I choose
numeric display, which I find annoying. I would rather the animation at
least occasionally showed the actual value as part of the animation, for
instance show the animation for 0, 34, 68, 100, then show the actual value
for 2 loops in the appropriate numeric or graphical mode. The other
option, which I favour, is to have an option to choose the flashing "power
connected" icon when charging, and leave the battery indicator alone. I
will look at this for a later patch, however, just interested in any
comments.

--
Mike Holden