Subject: Re: Linux patch that speeds up fat writing on usb disks

Re: Linux patch that speeds up fat writing on usb disks

From: Brian King <brking_at_charter.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 21:13:13 -0500

I used to have this problem where the first write would take forever
(minutes). Since I reformatted the drive with a 32K cluster size,
however, the first write happens very fast. So fast, in fact, that the
first time I wrote to the new drive I figured I forgot to mount the
drive;) Is this a problem that presents itself over time from your
experience, meaning am I going to eventually hit this, or not? I'm
currently compiling a new kernel and added your patch so it, but since
things are working well right now I doubt I will be able to notice a
difference...

-Brian