Subject: Re: Linux patch that speeds up fat writing on usb disks

Re: Linux patch that speeds up fat writing on usb disks

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 08:38:57 +0200

Brian King wrote:
> Is this a problem that presents itself over time from your
> experience, meaning am I going to eventually hit this, or not?

Since the search starts from the beginning, the search time increases gradually as your disk fills up and free clusters are found more and more towards the end of the disk.

Using a big cluster size speeds up this search, due to there being fewer clusters to search. But not as much as the patch does.

--
Björn