Subject: Rockbox 2.0 and the recorder
From: Wesley Simon (wsimon_at_lsil.com)
Date: 2003-04-23

To everyone on the Rockbox design team:

I would like to congratulate you all on a fine job with the release of
Rockbox 2.0. About 8 months ago, I purchased a 5 GB Jukebox player
from Best Buy and have run Rockbox on it since the first week or two of
owning it. I found Rockbox to be much nicer than the Archos firmware.

Last Friday, I went to turn on my Jukebox and the drive wouldn't spin
up. I had purchased a warranty from Best Buy, so I returned it. They
exchanged the 5 GB model for a Recorder 20 that had been opened and
returned. The person had purchased the "Mac version" instead of the
"Windows version." The recorder had never been out of the box. The
bottom line was that the recorder was brand new. Best Buy gave me a
discount for it being an open box. So they took my 5 GB Jukebox, gave
me a 20 GB recorder and a $42 credit!

I took it home and immediately replaced the batteries with my 1850 mAh
batteries and then loaded Rockbox 2.0 on it. I was amazed at the
differences between the Jukebox and Recorder versions.

Keep up the great work!

Wesley Simon