Subject: no mac users?

no mac users?

From: john hudak <jhudak_at_pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 08:38:29 -0400

howdy folks.

i think i am going to return my jukebox 20gig recorder today. i
bought it mainly for recording audio from an external microphone to
mp3, then being able to plug it into my mac and then have that
audiofile available.

i can access the 20gig drive on mac os9.2.2...it shows up every
time...but it acts as a 20gig drive...nothing more. i copy mp3 files
into the folder of the jukebox disk icon on my desktop, but they
don't show up in the file system on the jukebox for playing. i have
made multiple folders, with different names...tried putting the mp3s
in these folders...but the folders don't show. it is the same thing
with the "ajbrec.ajz"...i copy it onto the drive, but it doesn't do
anything. i'm assuming that the file/directory system on the jukebox
is pc or unix based? while the mac has the ability to see pc files,
the jukebox doesn't seem to be able to read these. maybe the mac
directory is somehow separate.

if there are any mac users out there, please let me know...i've tried
a number of web-based archos forums, but haven't gotten one reply
that suggests anyone is using these with macs. strange, as archos
seems to provide mac usb drivers (i tried this as well, just to see
if perhaps the generic apple usb driver is at fault, but no...).

best future,
john
--
john hudak