Subject: Re: Regarding the recent recording PANIC's

Re: Regarding the recent recording PANIC's

From: Michael O'Quinn <michael_at_oquinn.info>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 08:20:41 -0700 (PDT)

O.K.

I don't know if this will help or not, but it might be related.

Whenever I ask RockBox to create a file on my player, if mangles the
mangled DOS short filename. Both ScanDisk and Norton Disk Doctor
complain. The short filename usually has a funny extension, like ".A47"
instead of the expected, for example, ".m3u". This has been since I
started with Rock Box -- middle of February 2003 -- to the one of the
dailys.

Hasn't been serious enough an impact to really bother me, so I've been
lazy about reporting. I'll post more and do a real bug report later. I
just wanted to mention this in case it might help the Recording PANIC
situation.

Michael