Subject: Re: no mac users?

Re: no mac users?

From: john hudak <jhudak_at_pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:18:07 -0400

howdy folks. i returned the jukebox today to best buy. it turns out
it was the last one...i think i might have been tempted to exchange
if there had been another. maybe i'm better off...

i found this information about the archos 6gb player and the mac os,
which still seems relevant:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/cm/member-reviews/-/A2UJTS9P9WYEZ3/ref%3Dcm%5Ftr%5Ftrl%5Fmr%5F184224/103-6360345-3939845

i tried using the jukebox on my imac with osx 10.2.5, and was finally
able to put rockbox onto it...but after one use, the imac/osx refused
to boot it ever again...and the rockbox software disappeared.
perhaps the fat32 got corrupted somehow? strange that it still kept
on showing up as a 20gig drive on os9.2.2...but i would have rather
it worked that i could record to the jukebox and transfer the files
directly to my computer.

ah well, you lucky pc/linux users have it good. maybe someday, the
ipod will get an audio interface...

best future,
john

--