Subject: Re: Help with settings.c. Please? Please??
From: Heikki Hannikainen (hessu_at_hes.iki.fi)
Date: 2003-04-24

  Hi,

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, TP Diffenbach wrote:

> I've increased CONFIG_BLOCK_SIZE from 512 to 514, and am (trying to)
> saving a value to config_block[ 513 ]. Am I making some stupid error, or
> is config_block limited to 512 bytes, or can it be larger but something
> other than just CONFIG_BLOCK_SIZE must be changed to reflect this?

  It's written to an unused sector on the disk, and I think it's pretty
much limited to the 512 byte sector. The next step would be changing the
code to write a second 512 byte sector somewhere.

  Besides, there is free space in the config block between 0x2c and 0xad
(the space has been filled from top down).

> Also, does changing any single setting result in all settings being
> written to config_block, and config_block being saved to disk?

  No, you need to trigger writing the block using settings_save().

  - Hessu