Subject: Re: no mac users?
From: Mike Holden (rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net)
Date: 2003-04-24

john hudak said:
> howdy folks.
>
> i think i am going to return my jukebox 20gig recorder today. i
> bought it mainly for recording audio from an external microphone to
> mp3, then being able to plug it into my mac and then have that
> audiofile available.
>
> i can access the 20gig drive on mac os9.2.2...it shows up every
> time...but it acts as a 20gig drive...nothing more. i copy mp3 files
> into the folder of the jukebox disk icon on my desktop, but they
> don't show up in the file system on the jukebox for playing. i have
> made multiple folders, with different names...tried putting the mp3s in
> these folders...but the folders don't show. it is the same thing with
> the "ajbrec.ajz"...i copy it onto the drive, but it doesn't do
> anything. i'm assuming that the file/directory system on the jukebox
> is pc or unix based? while the mac has the ability to see pc files,
> the jukebox doesn't seem to be able to read these. maybe the mac
> directory is somehow separate.
>
> if there are any mac users out there, please let me know...i've tried a
> number of web-based archos forums, but haven't gotten one reply that
> suggests anyone is using these with macs. strange, as archos seems to
> provide mac usb drivers (i tried this as well, just to see if perhaps
> the generic apple usb driver is at fault, but no...).

There should be some kind of option to "unmount" (unix/linux terminology)
or "safely remove" (PC driver terminology) the USB device. You should use
this before removing the USB cable from the unit.

Have a look here http://www.archos.com/lang=en/support/tech_jbrec_mac.html
for Archos official FAQ for MAC, to see if that helps. (you looked there
already, right!)

--
Mike Holden