Subject: Re: Regarding the recent recording PANIC's
From: Bj÷rn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-04-24

Michael O'Quinn wrote:
> Whenever I ask RockBox to create a file on my player, if mangles the
> mangled DOS short filename. Both ScanDisk and Norton Disk Doctor
> complain. The short filename usually has a funny extension, like ".A47"
> instead of the expected, for example, ".m3u".

This is not a bug. Every long name must have a corresponding short name. All files Rockbox creates have long names (since short names can't contain lowercase), and a shortname as mandated by the fat specification.

It sounds odd that Scandisk and Norton complains about this. Can you give more details?

--
Bj÷rn