Subject: Re: mac os and archos summary for posterity
From: Wesley Simon (wsimon_at_lsil.com)
Date: 2003-04-24

John,

I would tend to think that something is wrong with the unit. I
installed nothing. I simply plugged it into the USB port and turned it
on. MacOS 10.2.5 shows this in the console logs:

Apr 24 12:29:36 localhost /sbin/autodiskmount[199]: disk1s1 msdos
yes yes JUKEBOX [not mounted]

Apr 24 12:29:45 localhost /sbin/autodiskmount[199]: disk1s1 msdos
yes yes JUKEBOX /Volumes/JUKEBOX

The first entry seems to indicate when the system first noticed the
device, then the second entry shows that the OS mounted it. I'm able
to open the drive and use it just fine. Could you search for similar
entries in your console logs and send them?