Subject: Re: Microphone Question

Re: Microphone Question

From: Jos Laake <joslaake_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 00:37:07 -0700

Add Subtract wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to buy a Microphone for my new Archos Jukebox FM Recorder.
> <snippage>
> I just want a semi decent microphone to record family history and also
> be able to use the mic with a cassette recorder also.
>
> Can anyone tell me if this particular Sony microphone will work well
> with the Archos?

No, it won't.

> If not, does anyone know of another model of microphone similar in size
> and style to this Sony?

I have a cute little tiny mic from Sony that's built right
onto the mini plug, but it doesn't work either. The problem
isn't the microphones. The issue is that the recorder's
external input is a *line* level input, so in order to use a
microphone with it, you need some sort of preamp. On the
other hand, I get great recordings using the line out from
either my Roland digital piano or my mixer.

~Jos~