Subject: Question on Config block/user_settings
From: c s (
Date: 2003-04-25

For 1 bit boolean settings in the config block, when
the config block is loaded into the user_settings
struct, must the bit be shifted to the LSB of the bool
user_settings variable or is the only requirement that
the value of a bool variable be zero OR non-zero (as
opposed to zero OR one).

Whichever is the case, we have to make the same
assumption when saving to the config block as we do
when doing a settings load, however the
caption_backlight bit is left in the 2’s place when
loaded from the config block but when it is saved to
the config block it is shifted left one bit as if it
was in the LSB of caption_backlight. Is there an error
in the settings code or am I missing something?

Do you Yahoo!?