Subject: RE: The Rockbox Digest
From: Mike Holden (
Date: 2003-04-26

Lee Marlow said:
> I think the problem is that it isn't valid XML. One problem I see is
> that the "&"'s in the funmp3players forum URL aren't properly escaped.
> I wonder if wrapping the entire <description> node in a CDATA block
> would be the easiest solution.
> Also, the content type should probably be changed from text/plain to
> text/xml, or simply change the extension to .xml.

Regardless of the validity of any XML content, if it's marked as
text/plain, then it should be displayed by the browser as plain text. If a
page not found error is displayed instead, when there is content at that
address, then there is a fault with the browser. The browser should not
consider the extension of the URL as more valid than the content type in
the header. (IMHO!)

Mike Holden