Subject: Re: Battery patch

Re: Battery patch

From: Johan Vromans <jvromans_at_squirrel.nl>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 13:05:40 +0200

"Mike Holden" <rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net> writes:

> Johan Vromans said:
> It should be 1 second on, 1 second off - it is on my FM. Are you using the
> most recent patch I uploaded later yesterday?

CVS updated 10:50 UTC. Battery patch uploaded 10:52 UTC (it is timestamped
yesterday, 21:51 UTC, md5sum dcade6a244affbb70b1d90d7c85e5e0a).

(Currently trying to drain the batteries sufficiently to get it
charging again...)

> I suggested this the other day, but the response was that this was decided
> against, because when the charge shows 100%, the battery is not actually
> fully charged, and still needs some more time. Apparently people were
> removing the charger before the unit was fully charged.

The blinking plug would indicate that it's still charging. If you
choose for the option to use this display style, you know what to look
for.

> There is already a WPS display item for runtime, which I have been using
> for a while now. I use the status line, so the values are already
> available on my screen. Where else would you see these items being
> displayed?

Currently, with your patch, the status bar on the USB screen always
displays the battery level as a number, and a blinking plug while
charging. The non-USB screens have a status bar displaying a steady
plug and the battery level as a number or graphic (depending on config
option) or the charging animation while charging.

I would like to have this consistently in all status bars on all
screens: a number or graphic depending on config option, and a
blinking plug or charge animation depending on a new config option.

For me, the graphic battery plus blinking plug would be the preferred
combination.

-- Johan