Subject: Re: SPDIF Fuction..again! Think this is it...
From: Mike Holden (
Date: 2003-04-26

Johan Vromans said:
> "Mike Holden" <> writes:
>> 4 pole mini jack, with 3 phono plugs at the other end - red, white and
>> yellow. Cable is 1.2 metres in length. Priced 4.99 (UKP) in Maplin's.
> Excuse my ignorance, but if I'd buy a cable like this, how to use it? I
> don't suppose I can hook it into a vanilla CD player, can I?

You would need a device with a digital audio coax output. Some CD players
will have them, but they tend to be the better ones rather than entry
level. Also, most DVD players will have one.

Make sure it is not an optical digital out, as that will not work. It has
the same type of connector (phono) as the other standard hifi connector.

Mike Holden