Subject: RE: Microphone Question
From: Tom Burrus (tvburrus_at_bellsouth.net)
Date: 2003-04-26

The Archos line input is a stereo input, meaning it needs a stereo plug
(as Timm said, two black lines on the plug.) Most single mics are mono
(one black line on the plug.) So to get stereo, you really need two
microphones and an adapter (RS has them I think) that takes two mono
plugs and translates them into a single stereo plug. I had to make my
own.

If you are getting only one channel and it is recording fine, then your
mic probably has a preamp (esp if it needs a battery and has on-off
switch) since a non-preamped mic would not record at all (in most
cases). So it sounds like the mic is OK but you need another mic for
true stereo (along with the y-adapter) or just record in mono with the
setup you already have (as Jean says.)

Cheers,
Tom