Subject: Re: charger troubles - please help!
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (
Date: 2003-04-27

Tammy Delahaye wrote:
> ok guys - i know this is a development mailing list, but you people are
> the gods of all things about the archos recorder, so i'm asking here.
> i can no longer charge my archos recorder 20. i know its not the
> adapter, i've gotten people who know more about these things to test it
> for me, and it apparently works fine.

Did you by any chance use a different charger than the original?

> The archos web site's picutres are no longer there. i know it has
> something to do with a couple of the blue bumpers.. but i can't figure
> out which. and everytime i start tugging on them - my system powers
> itsself up! so, anyone care to tell me how to get in there? also, any
> suggestions on what i should do about the fact its no longer charging?

The battery covers are easily removed. Take a look at the first picture
here: You remove the
battery covers by slightly bending them up with, for example, a
screwdriver (use the small notch on the front cover, right next to the
battery cover).

No need to bend the bumpers.

The Players and the Recorders have similar covers.