Subject: Re: Sort files after ID3 track number
From: Chris Holt (amiga2k_at_cox.net)
Date: 2003-04-27

On 26 Apr 2003 17:17:30 -0700, William Pietri wrote:

>It would seem that the right way around the slowness of finding tags
>would be for Rockbox to build up its own cache of metadata, allowing the
>interface to be less dependent upon file structure.
>

>Not that I'm complaining; I think the Rockbox software is pretty swell
>as it is. But if I get some time to work on it, that's what I'd try
>playing with.
>

>William

You might want to check the M/L archives. I believe there was another
person here who made a similar proposal. Perhaps you could collaborate.

Personally, I have tracks ordered in Artist folders within Genre folders,
and I automatically create a good selection of playlists with Jukebox
Synchronizer. This is as much flexibility as I need and my Genre tags
are all hosed up anyway...

Chris