Subject: Deleting large files doesn't free memory
From: Martin Borus (
Date: 2003-04-28

I ran into some problems yesterday. My JBR20 was nearly full,
so I deleted three large files. One was almost 2GB, the others
300-400 MB in size.

After deleting the files were gone but the hd-space wasn't available
for recording. After connecting the JB to a WinXP machine I saw nearly
3GB free space. After disconnecting the jukebox still only showed 0.2GB
free. Just for fun I tried another long time recording and that only filled
the "available" space.

BTW, XP couldn't directly fix the problem - but it disappeared after I copied some
files from the computer to the HD and back.

UNICEF bittet um Spenden fur die Kinder im Irak! Hier online an
UNICEF spenden: