Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: What function loads a .lang file?

Re: What function loads a .lang file?

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 09:54:52 +0200

TP Diffenbach wrote:
> I think Linus is skeptical of this, or perhaps I failed to explain
> well what I wanted to do.

I think you did. I'm all for improving the language handling.

> Of course this fails badly if the lang strings aren't ordered in
> language_strings (or if I index past the array, of course!), but I
> thought the make file generates code that orders them according to
> the order in english.lang.

It does. The order in english.lang is not changed in the code.

However, it could be considered bad practice to depend on the order of
the language strings. With todays system, you can be sure that the
strings are in the same order as in the english.lang file, but maybe not
tomorrow.

Still, there is no function that can provide a char ** array to the
strings. You'll have to write one.

Always passing the ID's may not work in every case, though, as I
explained in my previous post in this thread.

Linus