Subject: Re: Unlocking the full features of the MAS chip (long, sorry)

Re: Unlocking the full features of the MAS chip (long, sorry)

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:34:50 +0200

Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:
> Maybe I'm just old and cranky, but I don't take this kind of "why
> haven't you done all this yet" comment all too well.

I guess I am old and cranky. I reread your initial post and my reply and
I think I misinterpreted things a little.

I apologize for my too negative reaction.

However, there are reasons that things are what they are today.

1) The initial intention was to have a similar interface for the Player
and the Recorder. The MAS in the Player is very different.

2) We wanted the settings simple. For example, using dB for balance
isn't what most people are used to.

3) We have limited time.

4) We liked it that way.

Of course we can change things and add those features you asked for. We
just need to make sure that it doesn't complicate things for the
"normal" user.

Linus